New Year Resolutions for Teens: Happy New Year 2008

  • I will eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day, and I will limit the amount of soda I drink.

  • I will take care of my health through physical activity and nutrition.

  • I will resist peer pressure to try cigarettes, drugs and alcohol.

  • I will wipe negative "self talk" (i.e. "I can't do it" or "I'm so dumb") out of my vocabulary.

  • I will choose non-violent television shows and video games, and I will spend only one to two hours each day - at the most - on these activities.

  • I will be nice to my parents, teachers and elders and show respect to them.

  • I will help out in my community - through volunteering, working with community groups or by joining a group that helps people in need.

  • When I feel angry or stressed out, I will take a break and find constructive ways to deal with the stress, such as exercising, reading, writing in a journal or discussing my problem with a parent or friend.

  • When faced with a difficult decision, I will talk with an adult about my choices.

  • I will be careful about whom I choose to date, and always treat the other person with respect and without coercion or violence.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love your list. I'm using it for 2009. :)